Full time, Permanent, fully remote position
ABOUT THE ROLE – WHO ARE YOU?
AlphaStream is going through a period of rapid growth, becoming increasingly data science focused. As a company we are researching and developing new and improved algorithms to offer our clients and their users with personalised data experiences.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Python Developer to work in conjunction with our engineering and data science teams. This will involve working on the development of complete data pipelines including ingestion, processing, data storage, and API’s.
We are keen to find great talent who want to help realise the development of our new technologies and aren’t afraid to provide insight into all aspects of the product lifecycle: from inception through design and development.
We are a high growth company who are building on our existing successes, this is an exciting time to join us as we accelerate our next venture. The team is fully remote utilising the power of Zoom and Slack to keep a team vibe! We also hold regular team socials.
We believe that to be successful everyone should be allowed to work in the way that suits them, therefore hours are flexible, if the job gets done, we are happy!
What do we do?
We build Alternative Data A.I Platforms and Data Sets for Quants, Trading Sites and Retail Brokers. AlphaStream’s evolution from data provider to experience provider is the realisation that performance can be improved more through personalisation than anything else.
We have created a platform that is specifically designed to consume financial market data and personalise it for every Client across every touchpoint.
- Work with data science and ETL teams to consume and process new data sets
- Develop solutions to provide efficient access to existing and new data sets to the data science team
- Work with the Data Science and ETL teams to help optimise, and deploy new data solutions and algorithms developed by data scientists, and integrate new data sets into the data infrastructure.
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications
- Integration of data storage solutions such as Elasticsearch, SQL Server
- Language agnostic, with experience in python. Including package management and deployment. Experienced with package management and deployment
- Familiarity with web frameworks (Flask or Django) and ASP
- Full stack experience, but with a particular interest in data engineering
- Experience with elasticsearch storage and querying
- Skilled with relational databases (such as SQL server), with some ORM (object relational mapper) libraries
- Experienced with event driven architecture (including microservices) using tools such as RabbitMQ or Kafka
- Experience scaling and optimising applications
- Familiar with developing components and applications for deployment to both cloud- hosted SaaS and on-premises enterprise environments
- Experience in working with agile/lean methodologies
- Experienced with CI tools such as Jenkins, unit testing principles across a variety of languages, and with a dev ops mindset
- A Degree in a related field or 3+ years of relevant work experience
Nice to have
- Experience with scientific python packages (numpy, pandas)
- Experience setting up serverless functions
- Experience with cloud platforms such as Azure, AWS, etc
- Experience working alongside and in support of data science teams
- Understanding of accessibility and security compliance
- Experience with graph based databases, such as NEO4j
- Experience with snowflake or other data warehousing solutions
Competitive salary – you’ll be fairly rewarded for your hard work and contribution;
Unlimited holiday entitlement – so you never have to worry about taking off that extra week to pursue your hobby or spending precious time with your loved ones;
Flexible working – whether you have parental responsibilities, or just need some head space, we’ll support you in making your working life more manageable;
Opportunities to be challenged, grow, and develop in your role – progress is paramount, so you’ll receive the support and guidance you need to help you achieve your career goals;
Regular team lunches – a team who eats together, works hard together, and stays together!
Experience in a rapidly growing and diverse business – be a part of something exciting and be a key player in helping to shape AlphaStream now and in the years to come Apply now!