Full time, Permanent, fully remote position
ABOUT THE ROLE – WHO ARE YOU?
We are looking for an experienced Technical Architect to work in conjunction with our engineering and data science teams. This will involve working on architecting our data pipelines to help improve data ingestion and processing capabilities.
- Design and deploy scalable, highly available, fault-tolerant, secure, and reliable applications on a hybrid cloud environment.
- Develop solution architecture, assess, and recommend the best of breed technology solutions to address business and product requirements.
- Understand the details of the solution you’re delivering, being prepared to dive into the code and being hands-on when necessary.
- Evolve and develop software architectures while proving the technology roadmap and enabling delivery teams.
- Fostering a quality culture, both within your projects and across the wider engineering team
- Substantial experience as a technical architect and/or developer working on projects involving high velocity, high volume data solutions
- Experience in developing solution architectures based on microservices, event-driven or other cloud native architectures
- Experience with the ELK stack and API design
- Extensive experience in application development with .NET Core and/or Python
- Proven ability to design end-to-end architectures including, runtime, development, and operational architectures
Nice to have
- Familiar with the DevOps culture of working with an understanding of CI/CD, and automation & configuration tools.
- Knowledge of cloud-based data warehouses & data platforms is desirable.
- Knowledge of graph based data storage, e.g. NEO4j
- Experience designing architectures for consuming data from varied data sources.
AlphaStream is going through a period of rapid growth, becoming increasingly data science focused. As a company we are researching and developing new and improved algorithms to offer our clients and their users with personalised data experiences.
We are a high growth company who are building on our existing successes, this is an exciting time to join us as we accelerate our next venture. The team is fully remote utilising the power of Zoom and Slack to keep a team vibe! We also hold regular team socials.
We believe that to be successful everyone should be allowed to work in the way that suits them, therefore hours are flexible, if the job gets done, we are happy!
What do we do?
We build Alternative Data A.I Platforms and Data Sets for Quants, Trading Sites and Retail Brokers. AlphaStream’s evolution from data provider to experience provider is the realisation that performance can be improved more through personalisation than anything else.
We have created a platform that is specifically designed to consume financial market data and personalise it for every Client across every touchpoint.
Competitive salary, pension and health care – you’ll be fairly rewarded for your hard work and contribution;
Flexible working – whether you have parental responsibilities, or just need some head space, we’ll support you in making your working life more manageable;
Unlimited holiday- we believe that rest is needed for our employees to perform their best!
Opportunities to be challenged, grow, and develop in your role – progress is paramount, so you’ll receive the support and guidance you need to help you achieve your career goals;
Experience in a rapidly growing and diverse business – be a part of something exciting and be a key player in helping to shape AlphaStream now and in the years to come Apply now!